Today is my birthday and that's always been a bit uneasy for me, when I was a child it was fun of course with all the attention on me, but after that it hasn't been that important and fun to grow older hehe. But for the day to honor, I thought I'd share with you twelve things you (maybe) didn't know about me:
1. Okay, this may you already knew, or didn't know, but my real name is actually Emmi. I've lost the count of how many times I've been asked if it's an abbreviation for Emelie or if I'm really Emma (makes no sense, why call myself Emmi if it's really Emma?).
2. I have tested everything from theater to judo and street dance. I have never liked team sports or sports at all and judo was probably the most wrong for me, I hate fighting and dislike conflicts, don't ask me why I even started on that haha.
3. I'm incredibly untechnical, you know in such a way that it actually starts to be embarrassing that I'm not on the same level as people my age - and I'm definitely not at same level as younger people.
4. I have never voted in Sweden because I'm not a Swedish citizen.
5. My dream is to have my own business in the future, I see an office with lots of awesome, competent women. What we are working with, I don't know yet. I also see that I live abroad and travel around before I settle down.
6. I have worked with everything possible - office assistant, store sales, elderly care, telephone salesman, administrator and customer service (the worst job for me as a HSP haha nd the job I swore to never work again).
7. I'm artistically crafted and went to art high school, after switching high school programs twice, typically me. I have always loved painting, like younger it was drawings that went on into paintings, sculptures and fashion illustrations. Today, I haven't really had the time or desire to be creative that way, but it may come back sometime.
8. My memory is incredibly bad, I can remember the faces and names of the most unexpected people or events and details that got stuck, while I hardly remember the story in a movie or things I'm going to do. Birthdays I always forget (sorry to all I forgot!).
9. I've been a vegetarian in high school but fell off the bandwagon so to speak. Recently I have begun eating as vegan as possible, I don't want to call me a strict vegan but I eat plant based - and it feels so good! Absolutely right decision for me, the environment and the animals.
10. I love to travel and almost fall in love with every place I visit. It can be cities and places in Sweden but mostly abroad. I want to visit the most usual and unusual places and always want to see more. Right now, I'd like to travel to USA and besides visiting the biggest cities, also visit something totally random in the middle of nowhere, because I want to see the "truth". Recognition someone?
11. I have grown up in a small village with about 1500 inhabitants in Dalarna, Sweden.
12. I have two tattoos. One on my arm written with my writing, the song title "True Faith" by New Order. I'm not believer in any way but this tattoo symbolizes that the future will bring what I want and work for, that I have to trust the future to be exactly the way it will be (then I also love 90's songs). My second tattoo is the deathly hallow sign from the Harry Potter movies that I have on my neck and I don't know how many I've met with the same tattoo, recently this weekend there was a girl at the club with the exactly same tattoo #harrypotterforever